Saturday, March 6, 2010

movie review: Alice in wonderland

this version is in fact a sequel sorts of to the original Alice in wonderland story. In this movie Alice is all grown up and she is to face familiar faces again in the likes of the Mad Hatter, Cheshire cat to name a few.
Grown up with the tale so fused into me as a kid, I became to ponder how would Tim Burton retelling of the story would be different. How it will translate to 3D?? Well, I said that he did a really good job at creating the strange world of wonderland. As you know it's Tim Burton. His recurring theme in all his movies: Dark, morbid and strange.
Moving along, to the characters. I felt that the Red Queen stole the whole show. I somehow find her more entertaining than the Mad Hatter to be honest. The rest didn't really stood out and so is Mia Wasikowska as Alice. I felt her acting is quite rigid and force.

plus points:
  • strange and morbid excellently display in the movie.
  • watch out for the rather entertaining Red Queen in the movie

minus points:
  • Too bad I had to watch it in 3D as it was only shown in the format. I would highly recommend in on a normal screen
  • the Mad Hatter was quite mildly mad in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Randomly click me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Random followers