Saturday, October 16, 2010

powerlifting: an inspiration and thankfulness

I tuned in to the 19th Commonwealth Games in Delhi a few days back, and there was this one event that really struck a cord in my heart
it's the Women's powerlifting competition.

what is power lifting?Paralympic powerlifting is an adaptation of the sport of powerlifting for athletes with disabilities. The only discipline in Paralympic powerlifting is the bench press.
the participating sportswomen
those guys are there to catch the weights is she is unable to lift it.
sadly she didn't manage to lift the weight required of her.

A valiant effort indeed. 

It was a good reminder of striving to achieve something in the midst of our own inadequacies. Never shall I complain about my own, considering for the fact that my hands and limbs are still working. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Randomly click me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Random followers