Saturday, May 5, 2012

MCA (Adam Yauch)

Nicole Bengiveno/The New York Times
Mr. Yauch in 2008.





August 5, 1964 - May 4, 2012 (aged 47)

During that time, MTV was a hot commodity back then playing videos of artistes that was groundbreaking in their own craft. Adam Yauch was one third of the band member of the Beastie Boys, which started out a a Hard rock punk group in the early stages of their career. I was quite young back then, 12 years old to be exact, but I always enjoyed their rap songs.
The album that I enjoy the most and got me introduce to them was the album Hello Nasty back in 1998. I thought the album as a whole was mind-blowing and quirky with a mix and fun and crazy. Their beats are heavy but always highly innovative and it safe to say that they were the pioneers and the front runners of hip hop and making it mainstream. They really defy the stereotype of white men can't rap. They really are able to and darn good at it. Rest in peace MCA.

More on Adam and the Beastie Boys:

No comments:

Randomly click me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Random followers